· Net revenue for the fourth quarter amounted to SEK 4.6 million (5.0) and for January-December to SEK 12.1 million (16.3)*
· The net loss for the fourth quarter totaled SEK 6.0 million (2.1) and for January-December SEK 22.6 million (13.5)
· Earnings per share for the fourth quarter amounted to SEK -0.10 (-0.04) and for January-December SEK -0.38 (-0.23)
· Sales of Artelon® Spacer to end-customers totaled approximately 3,500 (3,900) units, of which 900 (1,100) were during the fourth quarter
· Sales of Artelon® Tissue Reinforcement to end-customers totaled approximately 1,000 (600) units, of which 300 (200) were during the fourth quarter
· An exclusive distributor agreement for the USA regarding Artelon® CCL for cruciate ligament reconstruction in dogs has been signed with BioMedtrix
· Proof-of-concept animal study commenced for treatment with Artelon® of osteoarthritis in the knee
· Over 11,000 patients have been treated with Artelon® implants up to and including December 2008
EVENTS AFTER THE PERIOD-END
· Spacer agreements with Small Bone Innovations have been made non-exclusive and Artimplant’s margin per unit sold has been increased significantly
N.B. This is a translation from Swedish. The Swedish version shall always take precedence.
Artimplant will hold a telephone conference by reason of this report on February 20, 2009 at 11 am (GMT+1). For further information see www.artimplant.com.