Aesculap Implant Systems will launch its Alternative Surface (AS) technology, whichhas already seen over 1,200 implantations worldwide, at the 2009 AAOS. The innovative Zirconium Nitride coating for knee implants has been shown to almost eliminate metal ion release while also reducing polyethylene wear by up to 60%. Study data shows that patients with a metal sensitivity do not exhibit a reaction to metal samples treated with the AS Coating.
- The single protein injection which could replace the need for knee surgery for osteoarthritis sufferers 72 comments
- Pegasus Biologics is insolvent; Closing their doors 40 comments
- THE SPINEBLOGGER 17 comments
- NuVasive CEO: No Sign Of Economic Hit To Spinal Devices 8 comments
- Win an iPod Shuffle 6 comments
Subscribe to Blog via Email