RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., Feb. 28, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:KOOL), a market leader in automated cell processing and point-of-care autologous cell-based therapies, today announced that it has appointed Ms. Vivian Liu as its Chief Operating Officer and elected Dr. Russell Medford to its board of directors.
Ms. Vivian Liu, a member of Cesca’s board of directors since November 2016, has over 20 years of experience in finance, operations and M&A activities for private and public pharmaceutical companies. Prior to joining Cesca, Ms. Liu was the Managing Director of OxOnc Services Company, an oncology product development company. From 1994-2010, she served in various executive roles at NexMed, Inc., which she co-founded and was later renamed Apricus Biosciences Inc. Ms. Liu obtained her MPA in International Finance from the University of Southern California and her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dr. Russell Medford is a Managing Partner of the Salutramed Group, LLC and has extensive private and public company expertise. He is also currently the CEO of healthEgames, Inc., a digital healthcare company and serves as the Executive Chairman of ViaMune, Inc., which is developing new immuno-oncology therapies. Dr. Medford has served as the co-founder, President, CEO and Director of AtheroGenics, Inc. and was a founding board member of Inhibitex, Inc. serving on its board until its acquisition by Bristol-Myers-Squibb in 2012. He has led companies through multiple stages of therapeutic drug R&D developing novel, first-in-man clinical candidates for the treatment of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and arthritis. Dr. Medford obtained his M.D. and Ph.D. from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
“We are very pleased to have Vivian join the Cesca leadership team. Vivian has been a board member since November and with her diverse corporate finance and operations experience, the board is enthusiastic to have her take a much more involved role in the Company’s operations.” commented Dr. Xiaochun “Chris” Xu, Cesca’s Interim CEO. “Dr. Medford, who has a deep knowledge of drug development and clinical trials, will be of great value to the company as we continue to evaluate our clinical pipeline and prepare for our phase III trial in critical limb ischemia. We look forward to working with both Vivian and Dr. Medford to help position Cesca as a leader in the broader healthcare industry.”
About Cesca Therapeutics Inc.
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of cellular therapies and delivery systems for use in regenerative medicine. The Company is a leader in the development and manufacture of automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapeutics. These include:
- The SurgWerks™ System (in development) – a proprietary system comprised of the SurgWerks Processing Platform, including devices and analytics, and indication-specific SurgWerks Procedure Kits for use in regenerative stem cell therapy at the point-of-care for vascular and orthopedic diseases.
- The CellWerks™ System (in development) – a proprietary cell processing system with associated analytics for intra-laboratory preparation of adult stem cells from bone marrow or blood.
- The AutoXpress® System (AXP®) – a proprietary automated device and companion sterile disposable for concentrating hematopoietic stem cells from cord blood.
- The MarrowXpress™ System (MXP™) – a derivative product of the AXP and its accompanying sterile disposable for the isolation and concentration of hematopoietic stem cells from bone marrow.
- The BioArchive® System – an automated cryogenic device used by cord blood banks for the cryopreservation and storage of cord blood stem cell concentrate for future use.
- Manual bag sets for use in the processing and cryogenic storage of cord blood.
The statements contained herein may include statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on management’s current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. A more complete description of risks that could cause actual events to differ from the outcomes predicted by Cesca Therapeutics’ forward-looking statements is set forth under the caption “Risk Factors” in Cesca Therapeutics annual report on Form 10-K and other reports it files with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, and you should consider each of those factors when evaluating the forward-looking statements.
/EIN News/ —
Company Contact: Cesca Therapeutics Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: The Ruth Group Lee Roth / Tram Bui 646-536-7012 / 7035 email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org