Just over a year ago Surgical Care Affiliates, Inc. (“SCA”) partnered with the physician members of The Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery (“CMIS”) in Mokena, IL. The Partnership operates an ambulatory surgical facility that represents an important access point for high quality, low cost surgical services in Mokena and the surrounding region.
In April 2017 CMIS made yet another investment for our surgeon partners to provide superior clinical care at affordable costs as compared to typical hospital fees. CMIS is a unique ASC as it features the following to its surgeon partners and their patients:
- 13 years of Total Joint & Complex Spine experience
- AAAHC Accredited
- Contracted with major commercial payors for high-acuity spine and total joint replacement
- Unique Recovery Care Center allows for patients to stay overnight with nursing care for up to 48 hours or with Medical Director Review an additional 24hr may be implemented (typical length of stay is 1 night). Patients are treated to spacious private rooms and catered meals.
- Advanced technology for spine including high power microscopes, Cell Saver capability, Neuromonitoring and O-arm Surgical Imaging System
- Recent investment in updated Orthopedic equipment including Arthrex Synergy arthroscopy systems, Stryker Power (new overhead lights & towers not shown in image)
- Anesthesiology group has served at center for over 10 years