Austin, Texas – January 26, 2009 – DiFUSION Technologies, Inc., a medical device company targeting the orthopaedic market, has successfully completed a series of laboratory tests of its silver ion-based antimicrobial technology designed to mitigate Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) in spinal surgery. The technology will be incorporated into DiFUSION’s first spinal implant CleanFUZE™. Laboratory tests validate the controlled antimicrobial release of ionic silver and antimicrobial efficacy, achieving a 5 log reduction in microbial counts which is 99.999% effective. Currently, no antibiotic can achieve this efficacy.
- The single protein injection which could replace the need for knee surgery for osteoarthritis sufferers 72 comments
- Pegasus Biologics is insolvent; Closing their doors 40 comments
- THE SPINEBLOGGER 17 comments
- NuVasive CEO: No Sign Of Economic Hit To Spinal Devices 8 comments
- Win an iPod Shuffle 6 comments
Subscribe to Blog via Email