This course will focus on the continuum of clinical co-management strategies in the care of senior orthopaedic patients including fracture prevention, osteoporosis risk and management and rehabilitation issues.
Interactive sessions. Large and small groups.
This course will facilitate and improve collaboration between orthopedic surgeons, primary care providers, hospitalists, physical therapists, and other healthcare providers in the care of older fracture patients, particularly hip fracture patients.
- Falls in the Community & Innovative Strategies for Understanding Risk
- Fall Prevention Strategies in the Elderly
- Dispelling Dietary Myths about Bone Health
- Is there a Role for a Geriatric Emergency Room?
- Pre-Operative Assessment and Optimization
- The Role of Advanced Care Planning in Non-Operative Treatment of Hip Fractures
- How to Use and Interpret DEXA
- Trickiest Hip Fractures: Ask the Experts
- Hip Fractures 101: Fundamental Differences in Fracture Types
- Value Proposition in Hip Fracture Care
- Strategies in Osteoporosis Treatment
- Rehabilitation Strategies Tailored to Cognition
- Mobile Outreach Implementation Strategies
- Return to “Play/Activity” Following Hip Fracture
8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – maximum