A trend toward more minimally invasive surgeries will lead to modest growth in the U.S. spinal implant market over the next several years, and the sector will hit the $6.6 billion mark by 2021, Millennium Research Group said. Reimbursement challenges and the medical device tax will hamper broader growth, Millennium noted, but the sector will still expand, in part, as surgeons switch to minimally invasive surgeries for treatments. While the spinal fusion implant market is very mature, the nonfusion implant market is growing quickly, Millennium said, adding that NuVasive, Globus Medical and LDR Spine have all launched new cervical artificial discs in recent months.
Global Medical Equipment Markets 2017-2022 – Market is Expected to Reach Over $500 Billion in 2020 – Research and Markets
- The single protein injection which could replace the need for knee surgery for osteoarthritis sufferers 72 comments
- Pegasus Biologics is insolvent; Closing their doors 40 comments
- THE SPINEBLOGGER 17 comments
- NuVasive CEO: No Sign Of Economic Hit To Spinal Devices 8 comments
- Win an iPod Shuffle 6 comments
Subscribe to Blog via Email