Las Vegas spine surgeon, Dr. Mark Kabins has pleaded guilty to concealing fraud committed by his two codefendants. The result will be Kabins will be sentenced to five years of probation and six months of home detention. Kabins was accused of falsifying medical records and conspiring with local layer Noel Gage and medical consultant Howard Awand to defraud a woman who was paralyzed after routine back surgery in 2000. The plea deal means he’ll also have to pay three-and-a-half-million dollars in restitution to the victim.
- The single protein injection which could replace the need for knee surgery for osteoarthritis sufferers 72 comments
- Pegasus Biologics is insolvent; Closing their doors 40 comments
- THE SPINEBLOGGER 17 comments
- NuVasive CEO: No Sign Of Economic Hit To Spinal Devices 8 comments
- Win an iPod Shuffle 6 comments
Subscribe to Blog via Email