March 15, 2017
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Global Extremities Market with Focus on Shoulder Implants: Industry Analysis & Outlook (2017-2021)” report to their offering.
The global extremity market is expected to grow in the future due to the increasing ageing population and obese population, rise in health expenditure and rising diabetic prevalence. Key trends of this market include adoption of minimally invasive surgeries & pre-operative/intra-operative planning software, rising demand of reverse shoulder implants and low reimbursement pressure. However, there are some factors which can hinder the market growth including post-surgery complications and shortage of trained surgeons.
The U.S. was a major contributor in the global extremity market, supported by a rise in sports injuries among young people and increasing cases of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. The U.S. is likely to experience upcoming growth of the extremity market with technological innovations and rising procedural volume growth in the shoulder extremity segment. Also, the shoulder extremity segment was the largest contributor of the extremity market in the U.S. and is likely to bring growth in the future with increasing numbers of reverse shoulder and stemless shoulder procedures.
The report profiles the key players of the market, including Zimmer Biomet, Johnson & Johnson, Exactech Inc. & Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Increase in Ageing Populace
- Rise in Healthcare Expenditure
- Increase in Obese Population
- Increase in Diabetic Prevalence
- Active Lifestyle in Young Demographic
- Increasing Awareness of Extremity Treatment
- Adoption of Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Pre-Operative/Intra-Operative Planning Software in Shoulder Cases
- Low Reimbursement Pressure
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Rising Demand for Reverse Shoulder Implants
- Post-Surgery Complication
- Shortage of Trained Surgeons
- Exactech, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Zimmer Biomet Holding Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zqp9z6/global.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Related Topics: Orthopedic Devices